Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I am 100% disabled a have not made enough in disability to

Customer Question

I am 100% disabled a have not made enough in disability to have to file taxes for the last 5 yrs. I just got a 19,000 estate payout from my little sister death what are my tax liability
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. Can you tell me in what state you reside?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
georgia
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. Neither the IRS nor Georgia has any inheritance tax. So, this payout to you is not taxable. Also, because it's an inheritance and not taxable, you need not even report it on your income tax return. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!