Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I need transcripts of my 2014 and 2015 1099. How do I

Customer Question

I need transcripts of my 2014 and 2015 1099. How do I request it?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need transcripts of those 2 years as I am buying a new house and they require that.
JA: Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not right now
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

You can do this any of three different ways: i) Online: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html ; ii) Telephone: 1-***-***-****; or iii) By mail by filing IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).

If the return was filed by Turbo Tax: One can use the following free link to download a copy from TT https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Copy-of-Return/Access-2010-or-Earlier-Free-Edition-Returns/HOW13547.html?_requestid=22103

The foregoing process can take up to 5-10 days; if you need it more quickly, visit an accountant or lawyer in your area and sign a Form 2848, Power of Attorney and let him call the call the IRS' Tax Practitioner Hotline which is available to attorneys, accountants, and EA's. He/she can ask them to fax a transcript of your tax returns while you wait.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi. I just wanted to follow up to make sure you received my response. Just let me know if you need any further assistance. Thank you!