Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

Unknowing failure to file us1040 since regaining Canadian

Customer Question

Unknowing failure to file us1040 since regaining Canadian citizenship!I do pay tax in canada
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 20 days ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Can you tell me a little more about your situation.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
born in Alberta received green card in1950. Married and subsequently applied for and received American citizenship around 1962 1963.unfortunately divorced in 1968.for family reasons returned to Canada in 1975.due to work requirements I regained Canadian citizenship in 1979 continued to work full-time till I retired in 1993. Continued. To work part-time for another ten years.As I had worked in USA for twenty five years I applied for and received social security benefits

When did you stop filing in the US? Do you have Canadian accounts with more than $10,000 in them?