Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I am refinancing my home. Although the loan is in my name

Customer Question

I am refinancing my home. Although the loan is in my name only, one of the title holders has an Illinois tax lien which prevents clearing title. I am willing to pay the taxes, it is less than $1000, but how do I do this and get the released quickly? Thanks.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 27 days ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Anne replied 26 days ago.

I apologize for the delay in answering.....we lost our power, but I have no idea why. At any rate, it's back on now.

Once you pay your debt, it's imperative to receive a "letter of satisfaction" from the bank or person you owed money to. The lien will not be removed from your record until it has been filed and recorded as "satisfied" with the county clerk. Bring your letter of satisfaction with the legal definition of your property (found on your most recent tax bill) and make sure your lien is removed. Once that is complete, make sure to send copies as proof to the three major credit reporting agencies.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer

Expert:  Anne replied 20 days ago.

HI

I see that you read my response, but chose not to rate positive. Do you have any follow up questions I can help you with? Any information you want/need besides what I already posted?

Please remember that it is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you again for choosing justanswer.