Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I received a notice that my address has been changed. Do I

Customer Question

I received a notice that my address has been changed. Do I have to call the IRS to change it to my correct address.
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: 74-1700440 (Mustang Investment Corp.) is my Employer # and #74-1552339 (Island Management Corp.) also, I have two different notices that my address has been changed I need to make sure that y'all have my right address which is 919 N. Fulton Beach Rd, Rockport, TX 78382
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 month ago.

When the IRS changes a business address in their records, they send a CP 148B to the old address.

They issue a notice of confirmation of an address change to both the former and new address.

If the address change is correct, you don’t need to do anything.

If the address change is not correct, return the notice to them with a completed Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party - Business.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822b.pdf

They usually update an address when they receive:

Form 8822-B

Employment tax return with an address different from what's on our records.

Any address variation from the address of record for the business entity, e.g. interchanging "Street" for "St."