PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

I received communications from the IRS but have mislaid the

Customer Question

I received communications from the IRS but have mislaid the documents. My SSN is###-##-#### I think the communications were regarding unpaid 1099C. Please help!
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What additional information do you need?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: I have no additional information. Is there an IRS telephone number that will allow me to talk to a live person?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I want the IRS telephone number so I can talk to a live person
Expert:  PDtax replied 28 days ago.

Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer I'll assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 28 days ago.

You can call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** to inquire. But the process is not as good as it should be. I can suggest an alternative.

Better is going to www.irs.gov and asking for a transcript of your tax account for the year in question. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript is the link to the web page to ask. You can get the information online right away, or a paper copy is sent upon request.

If you used a tax pro to file your original return, consider asking him to assist. IRS has a practitioner's priority line phone number just for tax pros if you prefer. He can ask about the notice as well.

I hope this gives you options to proceed. Positive feedback is appreciated. Rating my assistance closes out your inquiry, and credits me with assisting. I'mCustomer