Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

My corp. is registered in NY& am providing janitorial

Customer Question

my corp. is registered in NY& am providing janitorial services in NJ. What must I do to file tax. Do I re-register in NJ because my employees live here
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: I am being sub-contracted by a NY Company. Do I pay just NY taxes since they are paying me and not the client. What do I handle the employees? Right now I am treating them as regular NY employees as far as the pay stubs go with NY withholdings
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will register in NJ because your employees live and work in NJ so you can withhold the appropriate taxes in NJ. There is no reciprocal agreement between NY and NJ.

The following links contain excellent information regarding withholding taxes for employees when multiple states are involved:

http://www.bizfilings.com/toolkit/sbg/tax-info/payroll-taxes/employee-state-and-local-payroll-tax-obligations.aspx

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2895760-which-states-have-reciprocal-agreements

Once you review the information provided in the above links, please let me know if you have any other questions so I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb