Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

Does someone receiving SS pay per capita tax in Forest Co.,?

Customer Question

Does a person that is 73 and receiving only income of social security ($7560/yr.) have to pay a per capita tax in Forest Co., PA? I just received a delinquent statement on a man who’s finances I manage. I never received any type of notice in the past that I am aware of and have never paid such. It is for $30.25 for Forest Co., PA 2016 County PER CAP. The collection co., Statewide Tax recovery could provide no information. He has no assets and receives $630.00/month Social Security.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 5 months ago.

The per capita tax is taxed on everyone - even a retired individual on Social Security. Does the $30.25 include penalties or multiple years?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no idea. The person received a delinquent notice from Statewide Tax Recovery. Has never received anything from the County Tax Collector in past. Statewide could not give any information , only wanted to know exactly how soon was payment going to be made. Is there any type of exemptions?