Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

How do I get a copie of my last year taxstatement? I have to

Customer Question

How do I get a copie of my last year taxstatement?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have to send a statement to NYC Dept of Finance
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: I must send this because NYC is renewing my Senior Citzen Homeowner Exemption
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My names Lane ... I can help here.

...

You can go here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript and get a tax transcript, which has everything on the return (it's just not a mirrir image of the return)

...

(You can also ask for a "wage and income transcript" there, which will show every 1099, W-2, K-1, essentially all the income reported to IRS by others.) These are free.

...

If you need an actual photocopy of the return you cna request via the form 4506, but there s a $50 fee.

...

Here's the 4506 -> Form 4506

...

Depending on what you need this for, the transcriupt is typucally enough... For example, when applying for a loan most underwriters use the transcript

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I now see the Senior Citizen homeowner exemption. Yes the transcript will do it.

...

Again, here's the site .. just click on the blue button that says "GET TRANSCRIPT Online."

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before you rate me

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit").

...

Thanks!

Lane

...

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.