Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
72280797

What is cot code for Malaysia/ I have money turfs erred from

Customer Question

What is cot code for Malaysia/
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have money turfs erred from Deustch bank in Malysia to me on line banking. But while I was processing. They asked for COT code which I don't have
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: Nope Just need cot code How do I trust on line and give my number of my credit card
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,

It is suggested that you find (locate) the Deustch bank in Malysia independently to find out their telephone number. Then, call them to ask what this COT is. Also, contact the financial institution you are sending money out from to ask them what this code is.

This COT is not any normal wiring number required of an international fund transfer. This type of code has been link to fraudulent scam and scheme often. The scam comes in various shapes and designs. Usually, the other party is getting a small amount from you upfront in exchange of a larger amount never coming true. Or it could be someone met the victim on line and claiming there is a certain urgent need for you to send money.

Don't do it.

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP