emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

How much would it cost me to file my 2014 taxes, so I would

Customer Question

how much would it cost me to file my 2014 taxes
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: so I would need to pay the 5 deposit first to get the information?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I'm ready
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I didn't file my 2014 taxes and would like to know the price
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: I was an overseas contractor for until June 2014
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It depends where you go and what type of return you have. The price range could be from as low as $95 - $600 or higher, if you need to file special forms or have a more complex tax return, that includes certain credits, foreign income exclusion, earned income credit... If you are in US I would suggest to call couple of tax preparation offices like H&R block or Liberty tax and couple of CPAs. This time of year you should be able to get a reasonable price, since were are between "tax seasons" (April and October filings).

You can also purchase retail tax preparation software like Turbo Tax and prepare your return yourself. A midrange tax preparation software cost around $100.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Any question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Ok. And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.