Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

What is a cost of transfer code, But when requested to enter

Customer Question

What is a cost of transfer code
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: But when requested to enter a cost of transfer code for a money transfer what needs to be entered
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: This answer is not satisfactory - we cannot enter $5.00 for a cost of transfer CODE - would we put $5.00 deposit - does not make sense
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: We are not going through an accountant - thanks for your help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

A cost of transfer code is usually associated with bank wire fraud in many instances. In other words, this is a scam. You should contact your bank for assistance in any transfers of money.

Generally, you need the routing number or code of the bank to receive the funds plus the name and account number of the recipient's account at that bank in order to complete a wire transfer of funds. You are not required to pay anyone to obtain that information.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb