Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

How I may calculate the depreciation for the house that cost

Customer Question

Good morning...how I may calculate the depreciation for the house that cost me $194.9oo in 2004
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi.

...

For residential property, the class life is 27.5 years, and it's take straight-line

...

So, 194,900 / 27.5 = 7087.27 per year

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, a Master’s Degree, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986