Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I have a question about sales tax liability and the statute

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a question about sales tax liability and the statute of limitations in Nevada
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I had a state sales tax audit in 2010 and the result was a tax liability and interest/penalties of course. This was assessed in 2010 and has not yet been paid. There are other details of course.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Yes, but it is comlex
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
An offer in compromise was offered some years ago, but was "kicked back" due to missing paperwork, and was not acted upon. I made (56) $1,000 monthly payments over time that were not properly credited towards the audit liability until 11/2015 when the account was reviewed by a revenue officer. I stopped making those monthly ghost payments 5/31/2015. This may need to be a phone call rather than typing...
Expert:  Rick Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is*****'m a CPA with 25 years experience. I think this is best answered in a phone call. I will send you an invitation to talk. I see your question was asked about a week ago. Sorry for the delay. I'm available anytime Monday morning EST.