Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

What can I do if the IRS disallowed business deductions?

Customer Question

I have been going through an IRS tax audit for some time. I am a self-employed consultant. I just received a decision letter from an IRS Tax Attorney. They have disallowed 90% of my business deductions including the business use of my home. The amount of back taxes does not warrant hiring an attorney to go to court, but I am afraid that this will become a precedence for future tax.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 3 months ago.
Can you please provide more information? Why did the IRS disallow your expenses? Lack of proof/records? In what way, do you mean you fear this will become a precedence for future? That you will continue to be audited, or that you will not be able to take the expenses that the IRS disallowed in this audit?