socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Can i rollover an existing traditional Ira to an existing

Customer Question

can i rollover an existing traditional Ira to an existing Roth Ira and use it for my minimum distribution
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what else do you need to know/
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: it would be about 10K$
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 month ago.

You may convert/rollover your traditional IRA to a Roth after age 70.5. There are no restrictions, but you will have to recalculate the RMD, to account for the reduced value of the account.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!