PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I just got a levy of my bank account from fairfax county,

Customer Question

Hi there I just got a levy of my bank account from fairfax county , when I was living in Virginia from may 2014 until December 2015 , about property car tax for 1.844,19 , and I called them and they don't want work on payment plan since my account is on levy so I wonder is there's any source I can contact to work with them to make payment arrangements?Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, I do not have good news for you. If you have heard directly from the County that there will not be payment arrangement, there is no other place/source you can call to get the payment arrangement. The creditor, which is the County here determines the payment arrangement even if there is a collector involved. If the creditor has said no to payment plan, there is nothing else you can do except try to get the money and pay off the debt.

I am sorry that I do not have better news you.