Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Thank you so much. I have one more question about the AGI. I

Customer Question

Barbara,Thank you so much. I have one more question about the AGI. I have a new job and this year my salary is going to be right around $80,000. If it is more than $80,000 then I won't be able to deduct my student loan interest that I've paid. When calculating my AGI should I exclude any of the following when calculating my AGI:
1. Student Loan Interest
2. Health/Dental Insurance premiums
3. Retirement FundsI just want to make sure I can deduct my student loan interest so if I need to deduct more for retirement the rest of the year then I'll do that to be able to deduct my student loan interest.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

The following link contains a great tool to calculate whether you can take the student loan interest deduction:

https://studentloanhero.com/calculators/student-loan-interest-deduction-calculator/

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Barb