Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

SPM3EONE CALLED ME AND LEFTY A MESSAGE THAT HE WAS WITH THE

Customer Question

SPM3EONE CALLED ME AND LEFTY A MESSAGE THAT HE WAS WITH THE IRS AND NEEDED TO TALK TO ME. HE LEFT A NUMBER FOR ME TO CALL HIM BACK. THE NUMBER IS ***** DOES THIS SOUND LIKE ANYONE FROM IRS
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: A MAN CALLED AND SAID HE WAS FROM THE IRS AND ASK ME TO CALL HIM BACK THE NUMBER IS ***** I HAVE GOTTEN CALLS BEFORE THAT I KNEW WERE SCAMS. DOES THIS ONE SOUND LEGITIMATE?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Anne replied 1 month ago.

This call is a TOTAL and COMPLETE SCAM!. I too have received some of those phone calls.

IRS will NEVER just call you out of the blue. They will send a letter if they have a question about your taxes but THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU

I'm glad that you checked before you became the latest person scammed by these people.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take a moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.