Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

My company paid me bonus of 60000. How this amount will be

Customer Question

my company paid me bonus of 60000. How this amount will be taxed.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am employee of a textile company. My company has paid me a bonus money of $60000. How shall i file tax for this additional earning.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: This amount is paid as a bonus by my employer who pay my weekly check.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 10 days ago.

That bonus should be added to your wages and shown on your W2 so you would not have to do anything special about reporting.

Your employer is also required to withhold tax so your W2 will have all that information and you report the wages and the taxes withheld as usual.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)