socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I was appointed as a executor the person die and I received

Customer Question

I was appointed as a executor the person die and I received a trustee annual report under my name and another one under the decd name. if the person die on 2015 do I have to file a tax return for the trust. the form that I have to use is 1041
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 month ago.

If the trust is separate from the decedent's estate, meaning that the decedent had income producing property that was not part of the trust, then you would file a Form 1041 for the Trust and another Form 1041 for the Estate. However, if the estate, outside of the trust is already settled and the property distributed, then you would file only a Form 1041 for the trust.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!