Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I have a K-1 1065 for oil and gas production. There are

Customer Question

I have a K-1 1065 for oil and gas production. There are amounts in 13J for IDC, 13T for domestic production activities, and 20T for depletion related items. What forms will these codes impact?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  taxmanrog replied 6 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

The Intangible Drilling Costs (IDC) is usually deducted on Schedule C for working interests, or on Schedule E, Page 2, for partnerships. The amounts reported with Code 13T relate to the IRC §199 Domestic Production Activities Deduction (DPAD) which is reported on Form 8903. The depletion from Oil & Gas partnerships is also reported on Schedule E, Page 2.

I hope this answers your questions! If you have any more, please feel free to ask, and I will be happy to answer.

Thanks! Have a great weekend!