taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, MA, MST with 31 years' experience. Teach Accounting and Tax courses at Masters level.

For form ftb 3522, can I use my SSN over my ein? The problem

Customer Question

Hi, for form ftb 3522, can I use my SSN over my ein? The problem with the ein is that when I filed for it online, the name of the company is missing periods and commas since the online form did not allow those punctuations
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: the official name of my llc does not exactly match the name for my ein since it is missing periods and a comma
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  taxmanrog replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

The periods and commas do not matter for the Form 3522. This Form is simply to pay your annual LLC fee to the FTB. What matters more than the name is ***** ***** Secretary of State number that is in the upper right corner, as well as the FEIN that is right below it. In theory, you could leave the name blank, and they could still match your payment to your company. So don't worry about punctuation. It will not matter this firm.

My own Firm's name had a couple of periods and an "&" that were omitted. I used it for 19 years without problems.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more, please let me know, I will be happy to answer.

Expert:  taxmanrog replied 6 days ago.

Hi! I was just following up to see if you have any questions. This question is still on my "open" list because you have not rated me yet. If you were satisfied with my services, please rate me highly. This will not change the fees that you paid, but it will close the question for me.