PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.

I have lost all my 2015 tax information. I had an extention,

Customer Question

I have lost all my 2015 tax information. I had an extention, which expires tomorrow. What is my best option, now?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: How can I get a copy of 2015 income information for my wife and myself to file before the deadline that I have?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 days ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Do you owe or you are expecting a refund?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don't know
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am in a public library, and just need to get a copy of my 2015 earning statement for my wife and myself.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 days ago.

The easiest way is to get IRS transcript. It will takes you about 15 to set up your account, but your wife will have to get her own.

Transcript looks little different than actual tax forms but it will have all information you will need to prepare your federal tax return.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm not interested in using this service any longer. I need immediate access to the IRS to get my information.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 days ago.

I just gave you link directly to the IRS website

Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 days ago.

That's the only way. You can request your transcripts over the phone but it will take few days to get them. The IRS will also fax transcripts to registered tax professionals but not individuals. Using the link I provided you can have your transcripts within half an hour.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 days ago.

You're welcome.

If you owe any taxes, you are already late. Extension is only for filing, not paying.

If you are due a refund, it does not matter if you miss the deadline because all penalties and interest is calculated from balance due. If you do not owe anything, there will be no penalties, even if you file in December.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
You did not satisfy my request. Yet my account was charged $33 as well as the $5 refundable fee.
Expert:  PDtax replied 9 days ago.

Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer Since the first expert opted out, I can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 9 days ago.

I thought she had opted out.

You can get your tax transcript for 2015 online from IRS. is the link.

IRS had taken this down because it was hacked some months ago, but it appears to be back operating. Once you sign up and prove your identity, all the information IRS received from reporters, like w-2, 1099 and more, are immediately available, in time for a timely filing by Monday's 1040 extended due date.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated to rate my assistance. I'mCustomer