Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I have an extension for my taxes for 2015 - 10/17/2016. The

Customer Question

I have an extension for my taxes for 2015 - 10/17/2016. The pension I received for 2015 I did not get a form and when I called them they said it would be Thursday the 20th. What can I do to keep from getting slammed with a late filing penalty.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: The reason for the extension was the accidental ommission of 2014 Social Security Benefits because the file was not saved after the $ was entered. This has been resolved.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are expecting a refund, it does not matter when you file and there will not be a late filing penalty.

If you anticipate that you will have a tax liability, file your tax return with the information you have by Monday, 10/17. Once you receive the missing document from your pension, you can then file an amended return to include that information.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,