Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

Second opinion] - I'm not certain if I need to seek info

Second opinion] - I'm not certain if I need to seek info from a lawyer, finance, or a credit specialist. I am trying to raise my credit score. However, my income to debt ratio is sky high! This is due to very old student loans and past due revolving and credit card accounts that I'm paying off one at a time. . Since I work in social services, I'm under a re-payment plan of $463.00 a month. The remainder of the loans will be forgiven in 10 years, if all payments are made on time. However, my credit report shows that I owe $360,000 in loans. My salary annually is about $71,000 a year. Would it be advisable to include a 100 word statement explaining these loans? This is hurting my ability to get decent credit.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

HI

I've been preparing taxes for 28 years, and I'll be happy to help you.

You absolutely have the right to include that 100 word statement.,That statement may give you more of a voice in your own financial future, but please be careful if you do decide to include that statement. There are some guidelines to follow in order for your statement to have any impact with the credit report:

Be honest. Simply state what happened. Please see some sample of 100 word statements below:

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/100-word-statement-sample-letters-1270.php

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive feedback that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.