Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I have a 1099-R from a bank that I had funds with and now

Customer Question

I have a 1099-R from a bank that I had funds with and now have a 5498 form the bank where the funds where transferred/rolled over. I did not take the money. It went from on financial institution to the other. Do I have to show on my tax flings?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No. Trying to figure out where to show on tax return. I see the sect to show the 1099-R. I have the 5498 from the receiving bank for the 2 rollovers but I only have 1 1099-R? Based on everything I ready neither is taxable
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Does the 1099-R reflect that the distribution was a roll over.