Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

WE FILED FOR AN EXTENSION ON OUR TAXES IN APRIL DUE TO A

Customer Question

WE FILED FOR AN EXTENSION ON OUR TAXES IN APRIL DUE TO A LARGE INHERITANCE AND THE COMPLICATIONS THAT WERE A RESULT OF THAT. WE RECENTLY MOVED AND I NEED TO PAY OUR TAXES THIS WEEK. HOWEVER, I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO LOCATE WHAT BOX MY EARNINGS STATEMENT FROM THE SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE IS IN. I HAVE SPENT MANY HOURS ON THE PHONE TRYING TO GET AN ANSWER. HOW DO I GET THIS FORM AND SINCE I ALREADY FILED FOR AN EXTENSION, WHAT DO I DO NEXT? WHEN I CALL SOCIAL THEY SAY THEY CANNOT GIVE ME THIS INFORMATION.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

...

You can either go to the local Social Security office (although calling and setting an appointment might be the most efficient way to do that. - Many times you go there only to wait all day and come out with an appointment for another day.

..

OR

..

You can go to https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ and create an account if you haven't done so.

...

Here ar the things you can do there (I'll underline thee pertinent part)

...

If you receive benefits or have Medicare, you can:

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

But again, let me know if you need more on this.

Lane