Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I am on an extension through Turbo Tax. My Wife Did all of

Customer Question

I am on an extension through Turbo Tax. My Wife Did all of our paperwork. She passed away and i\I am unable to locate the forms needed to file. She was on SS and I am On SSS ,CRSC, and 100% Disabled. WE have not had to pay taxes for several years. Please advise
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: not to my knowledge
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. First, I am very sorry for your loss.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no

You are probably correct that you will not have a tax liability if you had not had one in prior years and there were not a significant changes.

You can request an income transcript online from the IRS. This will contain all of the information that was reported to the IRS. This would provide the information needed to prepare the return.