Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

My sister was a beneficiary on my sisters 401k plan and the

Customer Question

my sister was a beneficiary on my sisters 401k plan and the firm subtracted 20% from the amount due for taxes - will she have to pay any taxes at the end of the year due to this situation? She has not paid taxes for quite some time due to her disability and section 8 status
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I do not think you understood the question I asked - your last response to me was not clear to me
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 18 days ago.

To determine whether she will owe any taxes, I would need to know the amount of the distribution as well as any other income she might have including Social Security benefits.