ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager

How do I get a 2014 Wage and Tax statement for my deceased

Customer Question

How do I get a 2014 Wage and Tax statement for my deceased father, Archie J. Taylor? I'm still trying to get his information together to file his 2014 taxes. I am his daughter, Nancy R. Saladino, and I am his power of attorney. He died at the very end of December 2014. I have been told to get a trascript for wage and income, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 22 days ago.

Hi. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Great Question.

Here is the link to the Form 4506, for a transcript request:

Also, if you need any other tax information items, you can submit an information request to the IRS. You will need the following to make a request:

• Your father's complete name, address and social security number
  • A copy of the death certificate
  • Either IRS Form 56, Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship (notifying the IRS that the surviving spouse, executor or guardian will stand in the position of the taxpayer) or a copy of Letters Testamentary approved by the court (which grants the personal representative of the deceased the authority to manage his or her affairs).

If you have any questions, let me know.

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 15 days ago.

Let me know if you have any questions. If not and you are satisfied with the answer, a positive rating is very much appreciated.