Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent

I need my W2 forms from 2014 and 2015 for a home loan. What

Customer Question

I need my W2 forms from 2014 and 2015 for a home loan.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What exactly do you need to know?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: My I'm in Decatur, Ga. 30034. Do you need my social and DOB?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 23 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry that we cannot obtain your W-2s for you. We are an answering service; we can suggest you ways you can obtain your W-2s.

1) Your employer who issued you the W-2s should have copies of your W-2s and can issue you new copies.

2) The IRS can provide you with transcripts of your W-2s, 1099s, etc. The loan officers will take that even better than copies of W-2s because they are official copies.

2a) The fastest way is to walk into a regional IRS office to request for a transcript.

2b) Call the(###) ###-####customer service of the IRS to request copies to be mailed or faxed to you.

2c) Fill out IRS Form 4506-T and mail or fax it in. They will send you the W-2 transcript in the mail. It will take about ten days to two weeks.

3) Call the SSA to request copies of your W-2s. The W-2s are filed with the SSA. So, they have a procedure to give us a copy back to us. However, this will take the longest time. This is the way to get the copy of the original copy.

Please feel free to follow up.

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP