How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6107
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband wants to transfer his stock ownership to me his wife

Customer Question

husband wants to transfer his stock ownership to me his wife
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 month ago.

What type of stock are you referring to & where is it located now?

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 28 days ago.

Just checking in.................

Is there anything I may clarify for you?

It really is a very simple procedure to transfer stock ownership, but the exact steps to take depend upon whether you or your husband have the stock certificate(s) and whether or not the stock is in a public company, held in a brokerage account, or is in a private corporation.

If you can provide that information I can explain how to proceed.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.