Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need the cot code for the continental national bank

Customer Question

I need the cot code for the continental national bank please
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to transfer money over seas so i need the cot code
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need the cot code for the continental national bank thanks
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I can help yoiu here .. My name's Lane ...

...

I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

...

The C.O.T. code you desire is a Cost of Transfer. and is typicallly a flag that you may be dealing with scammers.

...

They many times try to get you go pay for this so that you can receive money, a prize, an inheritance you didn't know you had, a lottery winning, etc., etc. (that never existed ... they just take the money ffor the COT code and you never hear from them)

...

COT (Cost of Transfer) codes are frequently mentioned in variations on Nigerian "419" or advance-fee scams.

...

International bank money transfers use either an IBAN or the current ISO 9362 Bank Identifier Code system (BIC or SWIFT code) in conjunction with the BBAN. They do not use a COT code.

...

C.O.T. code is a fabricated (made up) term.

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content. Otherwise I’ll receive no crediting for the work here.

Thank you!

Lane

I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986