Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

Can we amend already amended return again? Client received

Customer Question

Can we amend already amended return again? Client received an IRS letter stating that they forgot to include a casino jackpot, where we amended the return. After 6 months, they came back with another casino jackpot. We have the letter from the casino that for the year the net loss was $134. Should I just sent them the win-loss statement or can I amend the amended return again.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Greg. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You can amend a return as many times as necessary. So, yes, you can amend your amended return. And, if I were you, I would do just that so that you have an accurate return on file with the IRS. If you simply send them correspondence, you don't know how long it will take the IRS to connect it to your return and in the meantime you risk getting correspondence from the IRS which do not include full information.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!