emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

I have not filed taxes for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. The

Customer Question

Hello. I have not filed taxes for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. The IRS sent a lock-in letter to my employer a while back which I was scared to respond to and since Dec 2015, I've been forced to Single with 0 withholdings. I have no children and I'm single, with no education or mortgage deductions. However, I do provide full support for my brother and his daughter- monthly rent, utilities, dentistry, etc (but I believe the mother has claimed her as a dependent in the past years). I live and earn my income in California. I need help as 32.5% of my bi-weekly checks are going to the IRS/taxes
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything else.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The IRS will not even talk to you until you file all the missing returns. Being up to date with the filing is the first and most important requirement to deal with the IRS. Once you file all missing returns than you can request installment agreement (if you owe additional taxes) and/or have the lock-in removed (if you do not owe any taxes or have an installment agreement in place.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Any questions?