Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I received a lock in letter and want to know how to address

Customer Question

I received a lock in letter and want to know how to address the IRS to not claim S:00 but M:00
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a Tax Payment installment agreement and I file exempt for a couple months this year to pay the agreement but I am about to pay-off the agreement in 3 months, can I get the IRS to reduce to M:00 and S:00
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. What are you trying to get the IRS to do?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to reduce the Lock Letter from S:00 to M:00, how can I get the IRS to agree to M:00, I will have my installment agreement paid off by 2/2017
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mark I am not seeing your reply if you did reply, have you replied to my question above.

Sorry for the delay. I am looking into this for you. Please give me a few moments.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

The only way that it can be changed is to request a change from the IRS. The telephone number is *****​. The fax number is ​***-***-****. The address is:

Compliance Service

Withholding Compliance Unit

PO Box 9047 Stop 837

Andover, MA 01810