Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I transferred my business and the IRS is holding me

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I transferred my business and the IRS is holding me responsible for unpaid assesments from the new owner....first I thought my accountant did not file the necessary forms of the ownership transfer and now after searching on line I realize that the attorney that did the transfer documents never advised that the new owner will need a new EIN, how do i get these assesments removed from my name?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: how can i prove that i was not an owner of the business for the past 6 years?
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I'mCustomer I can assist.

The issues are pretty involved, and specific to your purchase, how it was done, and what had been done with either the trust fund recovery penalty or the alter ego assessment. Steps you have or have not taken, and your purchase contract also should be reviewed for liability or recourse.

I can assist, but this kind of review is really a professional service. I'll make an offer to assist through our offer of premium service option. Accepting creates a private link, and we can communicate directly via email or phone.

Customer/p>