Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

When I imported a bulk transactions into Quickbooks Online

Customer Question

When I imported a bulk transactions into Quickbooks Online from American Express via CSV it looks like it reversed the spent and received and they got imported incorrectly. I just noticed the mistake and I'm wondering if there's a way to reverse it into the correct category from CC-Credit to CC-Expense? If not how can I delete and start over for just this account?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 month ago.

Hi Kevin,

There is no way to delete and import. Do the transactions show up under new transactions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It shows up as a transaction. I can't see an undo function. There are around 3k transactions. Many were classified by pre-set rules. Is there a way to delete these in bulk and start over?

On the online version there is no way to reverse or delete a download. If the transactions were showing up in the new transaction column it would be possible to move them excluded column. The excluded column would achieve the same result as deleting the transaction. You mentioned that is 3K transactions. Is it possible to sort the excel file and come up with various expenses etc. The other option would be to create a journal entry to reverse the transactions that were imported in CSV file.