Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I live in AZ but have sold a house in Roseville CA. I am

Customer Question

I live in AZ but have sold a house in Roseville CA. I am trying to fill in the 593-e form. can you assist me
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Paid 352,702 for house. Sold for $370,000. which I have put on lines 1 and4. My closing expenses are about 17,000 which I put on line 2. I put my depreciation of 33,066 on line 6. Here is my question. I have to put 8,916 out to get repairs and things the buyer wanted done before the house will close. I do not know where to put that so I can get credit against the selling price
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: This house belongs to my husband's name only and he is disabled not sure if they take that into consideration
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The $8,916. would be included on Line 10-Cost of additions and improvements.

The only exception to that would be if the items included in the $8,916. are items that should be included in Itemized Deductions or do not qualify as improvements.

If you can tell me what you have included in the $8,916., I can be more specific.

As far as your second question is concerned, related to your husband's disability, that will not affect anything related to this transaction.

If you do not have any further questions, or do not require any further assistance, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive payment from the site for responding to your question.

Thanks very much,

Just checking in....................

I see that you had a chance to view my previous response to your question.

Do you have any follow-up questions, or can I be of any further assistance on this question?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit (payment) for responding to your question. Without a rating, I am not compensated.

There is no charge for providing me with a rating.

Thanks very much,

Just checking in.....................

I'd like to close out this question before the end of the month, if possible.

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to let me know if I can assist you further and/or if you would provide a rating for my responses as indicated above.

Thanks again,