How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my wife in i are separated and she is living with another

Customer Question

if my wife in i are separated and she is living with another guy, can i fill my taxes as a single person?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** i will be happy to help you.

Unless you are legally separated by court or divorced your only filing option is filing jointly or separately. You cannot file single if you are still married even if you do not live together. However, if you live apart for more than 6 month by the the end of the year and you have an dependent, you can file Head of household.