How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 11136
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 74 yrs old and retired. I make approximately 50 k per yr

Customer Question

My name is***** 74 yrs old and retired. I make approximately 50 k per yr now. My question is if I make an additional 11k this year how will that affect my year end taxes to be paid.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

Hi Otis. My name's Lane. I can help here.


First can you tell me (1) How you file (married filing jointly, single, etc) and (2) whether or not you itemizes on your taxes.


I'll need both to calculate how MUCH of your social security is taxable which will then let me calculate the taxes


Let me know... I'll be here