Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

About ten years ago I was given an income tax file number.I

Customer Question

About ten years ago I was given an income tax file number.I never used it as all my funds went into Superannuation so no tax returns were ever made.
I now need this number
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Your tax file number (TFN) is your personal reference number in the tax and super systems.

Your TFN is an important part of your tax and super records as well as your identity, so keep it secure.

Your TFN is yours for life. You keep the same TFN even if you change your name, change jobs, move interstate or go overseas.

• Look on your income tax notice of assessment or other letters from us.
  • Look on a payment summary (provided by your employer) or your super statement.
  • If you have a myGov account linked to the ATO, you can access your TFN online.
  • Ask your tax agent (if you use one).

If you still can't find it, phone the ATO at 13 28 61, 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Tax-file-number/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb