Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

My Tax status is non resident alien on a g-4 visa and my

Customer Question

My Tax status is non resident alien on a g-4 visa and my spouse work in International organization. I working in New York on W-2 will my tax be deducted and if so resident tax rate be applied
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My Tax status is non resident alien on a g-4 visa and my spouse work in International organization. I working in New York on W-2 will my tax be deducted and if so resident tax rate be applied
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I am suppose to file my tax return on form 1040NR
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you. I am having a hard time understanding your question. Could you please explain.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am non resident alien having G-4 visa and employment authorization and working on W-2 will my tax be deducted at same rate applied for resident citizan

Is your Wife also working in the United States?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
on G-4 visa in international organization

You would both need to file separate 1040-NR returns as married non resident alien. Give me a moment to check on the tax rates for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks great I need that tax rate for me

The tax rate for non-resident aliens is a flat rate of 30% for federal taxes. What country are you from? There is possibly a treaty in place that you allow for lower taxation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no we don't have tax treaty and also want SS and state deductions

Are you being paid as an employee?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
employed on W-2

Ok, please give me a few moments I am checking on the state taxes for you. The Social Security taxes would be taken out by your employer.

The SS taxes are 6.2% of the first 118,500. There is also a 1.45% Medicare tax.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
QASD need to be deducted from my pay check and I stay in New York
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we can end this session no

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification. I am happy to help