emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

This in regards to my 2011 filing. The IRS did not the

Customer Question

This in regards ***** ***** 2011 filing. The IRS did not the original filing and basically took all my income items and created a tax liability of about $20,000. I tried by mail to communicate to them by mail as what to do and they kept sending updated tax due which has accumulated to about $70,000 with interest and penalties and has a lien on my home.The question is beside again sending the normal 2011 filing AGAIN, but what else can I send in terms of IRS forms that is a proper form(s) that would have to get their proper attention. With all my deductions and tax credits the original tax liability of $20,000 down at least $5K. ***** *****citra
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If the IRS already filed a substitute return for you, you cannot mail another 1040 because the IRS will automatically reject it. Only one 1040 can be filed. You will have to amend what the IRS filed for you.

The first step is to request a transcript if you do not have an actual copy of the substitute return. Than you can correct the return IRS filed for you by filing an amended return.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?