Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

PLS HELP. I HAVE A ACCOUNT AT VICTORY BANK IN THE STATES. I

Customer Question

PLS HELP. I HAVE A ACCOUNT AT VICTORY BANK IN THE STATES. I HAVE MONEY IN THAT ACCOUNT. I NEED TO PAY 10 000 USD TO TRANSER IT FROM THAT ACCOUNT TO MY ACCOUNT IN SOUTH AFRICA. WHY CANT THEY TAKE IT OFF FROM THE MONEY THAT IS IN THE ACCOUNT
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 3 months ago.

Hello

One of the safest and fastest methods of transferring money is via the Society of Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) system.

A SWIFT transfer should be completed in a few hours, funds being available within 24 hours, although even SWIFT transfers can take five working days, especially from small branches that are unused to dealing with foreign transfers.

The cost of transfers varies considerably – not only commission and exchange rates, but also transfer charges – but is usually between around R200 (€20.60) and R300 (€31).

They want the money up front from you in case the transfer does not go through.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS IT LEGAL TO SEND MONEY WITH A MONEYGRAM.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 3 months ago.

It is legal but you may want to go through your own bank instead. It is usually safer and less expensive.