Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I have a question about a real estate tax exemption for

Customer Question

I have a question about a real estate tax exemption for disabled persons, and how to handle an appeal. Is there anyone to assist?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Can you please provide me with additional information regarding your specific situation? Have you been denied the exemption?

The State of Washington does have a property tax exemption program for seniors and disabled persons:

Taxpayers who are, on December 31 of the year before the taxes are due, at least 61 years of age or older; OR retired from regular gainful employment by reason of disability; OR a veteran of the armed forces of the United States entitled to and receiving compensation from the United States Department of Veteran Affairs at a total disability rating for a service-connected disability.

Program Benefits:
The qualifying applicant receives a reduction in the amount of property taxes due. The amount of the reduction is based on the applicant's income, the value of the residence, and the local levy rates.

Qualifying Activity:
Own and occupy a primary residence in the State of Washington and have combined disposable income of $35,000 or less. Beginning with 2016 property tax relief, the maximum allowable combined disposable income will increase to $40,000.

Thank you and best regards,

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Just following up with you to see if you still require assistance. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,