Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

Can I find the EIN of a company, it is my friend's company.

Customer Question

can I find the EIN of a company, it is my friend's company.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I forget this company, and want to fill some form,
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: nothing
Category: Tax
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you tonight. Thank you for your question. Does your friend want to find the EIN or do you find the EIN for yourself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to find out the EIN of the company named"GOLDEN-HORIZON INVESTMENT INC", this company is in CA. Please help.

There is really no reliable source to search for EINs, if your friend needs it, he can go to the IRS and request it. See link: For public companies, the EIN (or "IRS No.") is printed on the first page of 10-Ks, 20-Fs and other SEC filings, which you can get on the Internet for free (see the Filings section of "Securities and Exchange Commission"). For private companies, EINs are often included in the company's Dun & Bradstreet report (see "Dun & Bradstreet Reports"), they are often printed on the company's invoices, or you can try searching the FEIN databases on Westlaw (FEIN-ALL) or Lexis (D&B;FEIN), which uses Dun & Bradstreet data. If the company files with a Secretary of State the EIN may be on its annual report. If the company filed for bankruptcy, the EIN may be on the docket sheet as part the company's address. There are also companies such as this that do searches for a price but they are no always reliable and I would hesitate to recommend them. See link:

For non-profits, EINs are often included in the the profile on Form 990, available through Guidestar ( ). In addition, nonprofit EINs are often included in the records in the Lexis EOTEXT file.

For political parties and other political organizations, EINs are reported on Form 8871, available through the IRS Web site ( ).

For insurance companies, the number should be at the top of their annual financial statement, which you can get if you dig deep enough on the NAIC Web site (

If that doesn't work, UCC filings sometimes have EINs, though they usually don't (see also "Uniform Commercial Code"). That is the best I can do and you will have to search the appropriate resources which might take a lot and might not be reliable. Public filings are the best way but that is difficult for smaller companies.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Is that what were looking for?

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?