Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I received an IRS "Lock In Letter" for my W-4 withholding,

Customer Question

I received an IRS "Lock In Letter" for my W-4 withholding, but it's past the 30 day time period on the letter. Now my paychecks are so small from all of the tax taken out, it is very difficult to pay my bills now. What can I do??
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Yes....I think the IRS is the biggest MOB, and fraud in the United States!!!
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

The time to appeal a Lock in Letter is time sensitive. It sounds like this period may have passed. You have 60 days to appeal. Do you still have time to appeal?