Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I opened a s corp in fl in 2012 and registered in MA as a

Customer Question

I opened a s corp in fl in 2012 and registered in MA as a foreign corp in 2013. How can I close FL and keep MA. I do not do business in FL?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this. You could dissolve the corporation and form a new corporation is Massachusetts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

So either I leave it as such or close and open a new one?

Yes, you could form a new corporation and do a reorganization where the Florida corporation is merged into the Ma Corporation. You would do this if there was a tax impact of closing the Florida Corporation. So you would have three options, leave as in and register as a foreign corporation in Ma, Dissolve the Florida corporation and form a new corporation is Ma, or Form a new corporation in MA and merge the FL corporation into it.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.